Ethereum Classic Price Reaches $29.43 (CRYPTO:ETC)
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded up 17.3% against the U.S. dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 20:00 PM Eastern on January 21st. Ethereum Classic has a market capitalization of $2.94 billion and approximately $545.78 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day. In the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded up 82.5% against the U.S. dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be bought for $29.43 or 0.00331522 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including QuadrigaCX, CoinFalcon, OKEx and Coinone.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 7.3% against the dollar and now trades at $8,930.60 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded up 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $866.64 or 0.09760980 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 3% against the dollar and now trades at $1,279.90 or 0.14415500 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $161.37 or 0.01817450 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 4.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $246.21 or 0.02773070 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 11.8% against the dollar and now trades at $114.65 or 0.01291320 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 1.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $459.33 or 0.05173410 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 13.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.77 or 0.00110008 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 5.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.30 or 0.00048407 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Ethash hashing algorithm. It was first traded on July 30th, 2015. Ethereum Classic’s total supply is 99,815,231 coins. The Reddit community for Ethereum Classic is /r/EthereumClassic and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Ethereum Classic’s official website is www.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official message board is forum.ethereum.org. Ethereum Classic’s official Twitter account is @eth_classic and its Facebook page is accessible here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Gate.io, BtcTrade.im, Bancor Network, Coinut, YoBit, GOPAX, RightBTC, Kucoin, ChaoEX, Livecoin, Cryptopia, Binance, Huobi, Upbit, CoolCoin, Bitfinex, Gatehub, Allcoin, Coinone, Coinnest, ZB.COM, TOPBTC, Quoine, BitGrail, Coinbene, BigONE, Independent Reserve, Mercatox, Bitcoin Indonesia, Cobinhood, BTC Markets, CoinFalcon, Gatecoin, ACX, xBTCe, Kraken, Tidebit, Bit-Z, CoinExchange, Bithumb, BTCTurk, EtherDelta, Exmo, Koinex, CEX.IO, WEX, Qryptos, bitFlyer, OKEx, Bitbank, Bitso, Tidex, GDAX, QuadrigaCX, BX Thailand, Gemini, Bitinka, Liqui, COSS, Mr. Exchange, Poloniex, Koineks, Bitstamp, Korbit, Coinsquare, HitBTC, Bibox, Lbank, CoinEgg, DSX, Coinrail, BitBay, EXX and Bittrex. It is not possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.